The City of Marquette is excited to announce city arts and culture organizations who were awarded grants from the Michigan Arts & Culture Council. On Friday, September 22, the Council announced that a total of $209,712 was awarded to organizations in Marquette County. The City of Marquette received a grant for $17,360 in support of Art Week 2024, which will be regranted to support partner artists and organizations as well as assist with overhead expenses.
The grant recipients for Marquette are:
- City of Marquette - $17,360
- Hiawatha Music Co-op - $16,500
- Lake Superior Theater - $8,750
- Liberty Children’s Art Project - $11,000
- Marquette City Band - $9,856
- Marquette County Historical Society - $7,500
- Marquette Maritime Museum - $52,674
- Marquette Symphony Orchestra - $11,250
- Marquette-Alger RESA - $13,000
- NMU DeVos Art Museum - $9,467
- Superior Arts Youth Theater - $13,750
- Superior String Alliance - $11,605
- U.P. Children’s Museum - $16,500
Other Marquette County recipients include the US National Ski Hall of Fame and Museum with $10,500.
This year, $666,566 was awarded to organizations throughout the Upper Peninsula, and over $9.7 million statewide.
For more information contact the City of Marquette Arts and Culture Center at 906-228-0472 or e-mail email@example.com.