Campsite Reservations Click Here -Now taking reservations for Summer 2023. Campground opens Friday, May 19th, 2023. Reservations for 2024 begin Wednesday, Jan 3, 2024.
Please disregard this alert on your reservation confirmation: Unit # is subject to change. We do not use this aspect of the booking software. You will be in the site you have selected as indicated on your reservation.
The City-owned and operated Tourist Park is located approximately 1/2 mile north of Wright Street on Sugar Loaf Avenue on the north edge of the City [View Map Tour]. Fronting the Dead River, the nicely wooded 40-acre park provides visitors with a clean, pleasant and convenient place to camp in the immediate Marquette area. There are approximately 20 acres of campground space with 110 camping sites. One hundred sites provide electrical hookups to accommodate RVs and trailers with the remainder sites designed for primitive style tenting. Each camping site has a picnic table and barbecue pits are available throughout the campground. There are 38 sites with water and sewer service. Campground facilities also include hot showers, restrooms/flush toilets, sanitary dump stations and paved roads. The campground has a small playground, grills, grassy open space, hiking trails, bike pump track, drinking fountains, and three large picnic areas. It is one mile from Lake Superior beaches, next to the City multi-use bike path, as well as near the Noquemanon Trail Network--miles of unpaved access to hikers, mountain bikers and runners. Tourist Park is the site of the annual Hiawatha Traditional Music Festival.
The park opens May 19th, 2023. There is a $7.00 reservation fee. There is a 14-night limit on reservations, and reservations may be made after January 3rd, 2023 at 8:00 am Eastern Time. Online reservations must be made at least two days in advance of camping date. The season begins May 19th 2023 and ends October 15th, 2023 depending on weather. There is a $20.00 cancellation fee.
2023 Rates: $25 primitive/tent site, $40 electric, $50 full hook-up. $10 early check-in as available.
Professional staff are able to assist with questions and provide brochures for your needs. Office Hours are 8am-10pm daily. 9:00am-7:00pm after Labor Day. Office Phone (906)228-0465. We ask all campers to please abide by the Tourist Park rules and policies.
Tourist Park Campground Cancellation Policy
Changes or cancellations to your permit must be made 72 hours in advance of check-in time (3 p.m.) and will be granted a refund minus the $20 cancellation fee. After arrival there will be no refunds. To make a cancellation, please call the park office.
City Facilities & Grounds
If reservation is cancelled 10 days or more ahead of schedule date, a full refund will be made to the renter less $20. If reservation is cancelled between 2 and 9 days ahead of scheduled date, a 50% refund will be made to the renter. If reservation is cancelled within 24 hours of the scheduled date, there will be no refund.
Cancel/Refund Policy [Click to View]
- Online booking for 2023 is open. Please be aware that reservations cannot be made for more than 14 consecutive days. Patrons must leave the park for 48 hours before they may return. Changes or cancellations to your permit must be made 72 hours in advance of check-in time (3pm) and will be granted a refund minus the $20 cancellation fee. After arrival there will be no refunds.
- Check-in time is 3:00pm. $10 early check-in as available
- Check-out time is 12:00pm.
- Quiet hours are from 10:00pm – 8:00am.
- Maximum of 2 vehicles per site and no more than 8 people per site. One RV and one tent or two tents are permitted at each site. No vehicals permitted on primative/tent sites.
- Hammocking or slacklining on trees is not permitted. Hammock stands can be rented from the park office.
- All visitors must check in at the office for a pass and need to leave the site by 10:00pm – no exceptions.
- Please keep dogs quiet and leashed at all times. Doggie bags are provided outside the office and campsites 12 and 70 for your convenience.
- Bathroom cleaning hours during the summer are as follows: 10 am-12 pm; 7-9 pm.
- Up to $120 fine for leaving refuse behind at site or in fire pit.
- Please do not bring firewood into the campground - we sell firewood on site.
- Limit stay on all sites: 14 nights. You may return again after 48 hours.
-Campsite reservation address must match individual occupying a site. Staff may request ID upon check-in. An individual making a reservation shall include a permanent residence. No third-party reservations unless permitted for special events.
- Firewood, ice, and Yooper Fire Starters are for sale from the main office.
- Please lock up all valuables – Tourist Park is not responsible for losses!
The beach at Tourist Park will be open for the 2023 season.