Community Mediation Services

Moped/Goped Information

Winter Parking Ban

Pigs n' Heat

The Pigs-N-Heat Fire Relief Fund began in early 1984, when Marquette City Police Officer Larry Grimsby and Michigan State Trooper Dave Rotteman approached Marquette City Firefighter Dan Dagenais, hoping to find a way to raise money to assist a family with three young children whose home had just been lost to fire. Since Marquette is home to the Northern Michigan University Wildcats (NCAA Division I hockey team), and a large number of hockey fans, a benefit hockey game seemed a logical choice.

In 1984, the first game was played at NMU’s PEIF building. The event drew five hundred people and raised $1,700.00. Because of its great success, the game was moved to the Lakeview Arena.

Today, the Pigs -N- Heat game draws between 3,000 and 4,500 people, raising approximately $10,000-$14,000. The 2010 game had total ticket sales of over $17,500.00. Support for the program is shown by various Marquette County merchants who donate hundreds of items to be given away as door prizes.

National Association of Triads

Triad of Seniors

What is Triad? Why is it necessary?

A Triad consists of a three-way effort among the Sheriff, Police Chiefs and senior leadership in a county. In Marquette County the Michigan State Police also play an active role. These groups have agreed to work together to reduce the criminal victimization of seniors and enhance the delivery of law enforcement services. Triad provides an opportunity for the exchange of information between law enforcement and senior citizens. It focuses on reducing unwarranted fear of crime and improving the quality of life for seniors. Triad is tailored to meet the needs of our county and is governed by a senior advisory council.

Seniors comprise the most rapidly growing segment of the population. Increased life expectancy is leading to new issues and problems for the criminal justice system as most communities experience a dramatic increase in the number of older persons and their special needs. How did Triad Get Started? A cooperative agreement was signed nationally in 1988. In Marquette County, an agreement was signed in April of 1998. The participating agencies agreed that police departments, senior leaders and those who work with them could devise better ways to reduce crimes against the elderly and enhance services. After less than a year in existence Marquette County Triad received the 1998 Group Excellence Award from the Volunteer Coordinators of Marquette County.

The focus of any Triad is determined by assessing the needs of the community. Marquette County Triad leaders have developed a Senior Safety Survey to find out what areas need to be addressed. Marquette County Triad also promoted, File of Life refrigerator cards with emergency medical information, crime prevention programs, information on how to avoid criminal victimization, personal safety tips, and knowledge of current frauds and scams.

Participating Agencies:

Chocolay Township Police Department
Forsyth Township Police Department
Ishpeming Township Police Department
Marquette City Police Department
Marquette County Sheriff's Office
Michigan State Police - Negaunee
Negaunee City Police Department
Northern Michigan University Public Safety
Richmond Township Police Department
Retired & Senior Volunteer Program
Ishpeming City Police Department

If you or your group would like to work with the Marquette County Triad, call RSVP at 226-4180


Emergency Number





300 W. Baraga Ave. Marquette, MI 49855

Office Hours

8 am- 4 pm M-F

On Duty 24/7

Open for walk-in complaints 24 hrs/day

Police Chief and Captains


Blake Rieboldt

Police Chief906-225-8890

Mike Laurila

Captain of Patrol Operations906-225-8914
Mike Kohler

Mike Kohler

Captain of Detectives906-225-8892

Accident Reports

Accident reports are available for purchase online at Authorize Transaction within a few days of the date of the accident. You will need to input the date of the accident and the report number. You can obtain a complaint number free of charge by calling 228-0400 and your insurance company can start your claim.

Accident reports SHOULD be reported immediately, and at the scene of the accident with all parties present. Deer Accidents that happen in the city should be reported at the time and a permit from the DNR will be issued by officers so you may keep the animal if you choose to do so.